Standing on your feet all day can result in sore aching feet, ankles, knees, and back and result in you feeling tire and irritable. By the time you get home you feel exhausted and want nothing more than kick off your shoes, put your feet up, and not move for the rest of the night.
If this is the feeling you have after standing on your feet all day at work, then perhaps you need to find the best shoes for standing all day. Here is a look at the 5 best shoes we have found for women who stand or walk on their feet for long periods each day.
Table of Contents
Best Airflow: Slow Walking Shoes Sock Sneakers
These Slow Man women’s walking shoes sock sneakers have a sock like upper that keeps you feet cool and comfortable throughout the day while the perforations in the soles keeps the air flowing around your foot.
Who is this for?
These sock sneakers are best suited for women who stand for long hours each day and need shoes that will keep their feet cool and comfortable.
The lightweight nature and the sock-like feel of the Slow Man Women’s Walking Shoes Sock Sneakers makes them one of the best shoes for standing all day. The sneakers feature ample support along the toe and foot and are capable of easing pressure on your back when worn between eight and ten hours a day.
These Slow Man sock sneakers gets good reviews and most users who purchased these slippers really liked them and found them to be super comfortable when standing on their feet all day. However, not all users liked these shoes and some felt the shoes were a bit too wide and not very comfortable
- User FAQ. Do these shoes feel heavy on the feet? A. No they are very lightweight
- User FAQ. Are the shoes the same color as pictured? A. The colors seem to be pretty accurate
- User FAQ. Are these shoes good for standing A. Many of the reviewers state they wear these shoes for standing 8 or 10 hours.
These Slow Man Sock sneakers are stylish and comfortable and most people who purchased these shoes feel that they actually help prevent or reduce sore feet after standing or walking for long periods of times. A number of nurses swear by these shoes.
Best Clog: Dansko Women’s Professional Clog
The Dansko Women’s Professional Clog is a stylish clog that comes in several colors and patterns and is both stylish and designed for comfort.
Who is this for?
These shoes are best suited for women who spend a great deal of time on their feet and want something besides sneakers to wear to work.
For those looking for the best, yet stylish shoes for standing all day, the Dansko Women’s Professional Tooled Clog delivers with its clog silhouette, sturdy cushioned bottom and multiple color options to choose from. These shoes make an excellent substitute for sneakers in a more professional environment.
Although the reviews for these clogs are good overall, user experiences with them seem to be vastly different leading many users to believe that they knock-off Dankos. The users who liked these shoes found them comfortable and great for those people who were on their feet all day. Other experience bruising and found these shoes too uncomfortable to wear for more than a couple of hours.
- User FAQ. Are these comfortable for people with wide feet. A. It depends on how wide your feet are; they work fine for many people with wide feet.
- User FAQ. Should my heels slide out of the shoes when I walk? A. No, your heels may slide a little but they shouldn’t slide clear out of the shoe.
- User FAQ. Are these shoes made in China? A. There are two places where these shoes are made Asia and Europe.
Overall, the Dansko Women’s Professional Tooled clogs seem to be a good shoe and an excellent if somewhat expensive buy. For some reason the patent leather version of this shoe doesn’t appear to be nearly as comfortable and tends to crease in the toe area.
Best Lightweight Sneaker: Nike Epic React Flyknit
These lightweight running shoes are stylish and comfortable and designed to fit the foot well and give support whether running, walking or just wearing for daily use.
Who is this shoe best suited for?
These running shoes are best suited for people who want a lightweight sneaker for running or for those who work on their feet all the day and need lightweight shoes with good cushioning.
Give your feet the break they deserve in the sporty nike Women’s Epic React Flyknit Running Shoe. The best shoes for standing all day, the sneakers feature a snug fit that remains lightweight and provides you with plenty of cushioning against the heel for a cloud-like walking experience every day.
Overall, the ratings for these nike FlyKnit running shoes are very good. Most people who purchased these shoes feel that are lightweight, comfortable and have great cushioning. They are great for those who are on their feet for long periods of time.
- User FAQ. Do these shoes have arch support? A. They have nike’s traditional arch support.
- User FAQ. Are these slip ons? A. No they use laces
- User FAQ. Are these true to size? A. It is best to go up ½ size from your normal shoe size
These nike FlyKnit shoes are well liked by most users and have both arch and heel support. They give the foot excellent support and keep it from sliding back and forth when walking or running. It is also light enough to help prevent your feet from feeling tired after a long day of work.
Best for Back Pain: Brooks Addiction Walker
The Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker features a leather upper and synthetic sole. The shoes come in both normal and wide width making them suitable for a wide variety of women.
Who is this for?
These shoes are best suited for women who may or may not be overweight, but who have experienced foot and back pain when wearing other shoes and need a good pair of shoes that have a lot of support and enough cushioning to ease or prevent pain in their feet and back.
Give yourself plenty of support around the arches and heels with the Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker. Among the best shoes for standing all day, the ultra-comfortable and easy-to-wear shoes are geared toward easing pain not just on the feet, but on the back as well from standing all day long.
These Brooks Addiction Walkers gets good reviews and most of the people who purchased these shoes really like them. Users do suggest you order ½ size larger than your normal shoe size to ensure the best possible fit. These shoes seem to be worn by nurses, store clerks and others who spend long hours a day on their feet.
- User FAQ. Are these shoes Durable? A. Very durable
- User FAQ. Are these shoes good for Plantar Fasciitis? Yes, several reviewers mentioned that these shoes helped them feel little or no pain from their Plantar Fasciitis.
- User FAQ. Do these shoes have rocker bottoms? A. The bottoms of these shoes are considered rocker bottoms.
These Brooks Addictions are one of the best shoes for standing all day with bad knees as they are great for those women who need a durable and comfortable shoe to ease foot, knee and back pain when standing or walking for long periods of time. They are not the most attractive shoes on the market, but their comfort and support make up for their lack of style.
Best Slip On: Propet Wash and Wear Slip On
These Propet Women’s Wash and Wear Slip On shoes look a lot like an athletic shoe without shoe strings. Made for people who need an orthopedic shoe these shoes come with a removable insert.
Who is this for?
The Propet Women’s Wash and Wear Slip On are best suited for women who spend a good deal of time on their feet and want a durable water tight shoe that is easy to slip on and can prevent or ease foot pain.
You can enjoy a pair of the best shoes for standing all day even in wet environments with the Propet Women’s Wash and Wear Slip On. The watertight slip-on shoes can be slipped on in seconds and eases foot pain while wearing them. The supportive shoes also have non-slip soles to keep you stable on your feet.
These shoes get good ratings in reviews and many of the people who purchased these shoes wear them on daily basis and find them comfortable and easy to slip on while offering reasonable support for those long hours some users need to spend on their feet.
- User FAQ. Are these shoes oil resistant for wear when working in a restaurant? A. No they are not oil resistant.
- User FAQ. Do these shoes have arch support? A. Yes
- User FAQ. Are these shoes waterproof? A. yes
These Propet Women’s Slip on Shoe are well made, waterproof, and easy to slip on. They provide enough support for women who stand on their feet all day long. These shoes are easy to clean and waterproof making them perfect for both indoor and outdoor wear.
|Slow Man Women’s Walking Sneaker||Dansko Professional Women’s Tooled Clog||nike Flyknit||Brooks Addiction Walking Shoe||Propet’s Women’s Wash and Wear Slip on|
|Size range||5.5-11||4.5-7.5/8||6.-12.5||5-12 wide||5-11|
|Arch support||Some support||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Variety of colors||yes||yes||yes||limited||yes|
Shoes For Standing All Day Buying Guide
Many people have jobs requiring them to stand all day or at least most of the day. The shoes you choose to wear can have a big impact on how your feet feel at the end of the day and health problems you may have in the long term. This leaves many people wondering what are the best shoes for those people who jobs require them to stand all day.
Who Will These Shoes Benefit?
A large segment of the population actually have jobs where they are required to stand or work on their feet all day some of these professions include:
- Retail clerks
- Cashiers in banks
- Line cooks, prep cooks, and chefs
- House cleaners and janitors
- Dishwashers, waitresses, and bussers in restaurants.
- Assembly line workers
- Stock clerks
- School teachers
People in these professions have little time to sit down and rest beyond their lunch hour. In some cases such as line cooks and assembly line workers people on their feet all day have very little opportunity to move more than a step or two making standing in one area even more painful by the end of the day.
Common Problems from Standing All Day
People who stand on their feet all day can experience a wide variety of problems from standing on their feet all day long. Some of these problems can be as minor as tire feet, but other problems can be quite severe and last for years or even a lifetime. These problems may include:
- Bunions and blisters: painful but treatable conditions.
- Swollen feet, ankles, and legs: Almost all people who stand on their feet all day have feet that swell by the end of the day.
- Fallen arches: This often occurs in people who are overweight and stand on their feet all day long.
- Leg cramps: Leg cramps can occur from standing on your feet all day. These leg cramps can result in night cramps that can affect the quality of sleep of the individual.
- Varicose Veins: They are twisted bulging veins near the surface of your skin. While in most cases varicose veins are not serious they can be painful.
- Knee and back pain: Spending long hours on your feet over a long period of time can result in joint pain in your knees, hips, and back. If left untreated this type of pain can stay with you for life, that’s why it’s smart to consider finding your best shoes for standing all day with bad knees.
- Irritability: The tiredness and pain from your legs and back can leave you feeling irritable and unable to enjoy life even when you are not working. This can affect the overall quality and enjoyment of your life.
How Do These Shoes Help You Stand All Day
The truth is that shoes can either make the problems you suffer from when standing on your feet all day worse or make everything better depending on the type of shoes you buy. The right shoes can improve some of the conditions that many people suffer from.
People need to find the best shoes for people who stand on their feet all day to help prevent or improve some of the problems that standing so much causes. Finding the best shoes for standing all day will help to improve your move and help to reduce the irritability cause by tired painful feet, legs and back.
What Can You Expect From these Shoes
You can’t expect even the best shoes to work miracles. A lot of what the right pair of shoes can do for you will depend on when you actually buy the shoes. Buying the best shoes for standing long hours before you begin to experience any foot or leg partners you may be able to avoid any of these problems from ever occurring.
If you wait until you have significant problems then a pair of excellent shoes can relieve some of the pain and reduce the effects of some of the problems, but won’t cure the problems entirely.
What You Should Look for In These Shoes
Here are some of the things you should look for in choosing the best shoes for standing long hours.
- Look for a pair of shoes that provide good cushioning: The better the cushioning in the shoes the more cushioning there will be between you and the bottom of your feet.
- Choose shoes that are the right size: Most people purchase shoes that are too small. This is because almost all people’s feet swell during the day. Buying shoes in the late afternoon when your feet are at their largest will help ensure that you have the shoes that fit well.
- Choose shoes with good arch support: Having your arches supported will help people with flat feet.
Tip: arch support is great for reducing pressure for people with flat feet and may relieve some pain on their feet, but is not a long term solution for curing flat feet.
- Don’t buy flat sole shoes: The best shoes for standing long hours should have an elevated heel that is at least ¼ inch high, but less than 2 inches high.
- Choose shoes with a large toe box: Because feet do swell you are going to want plenty of room in the toe area of your shoe.
- Buy shoes with laces: Shoes with laces will prevent your feet from sliding back and forth in the shoe, which can result in blisters or even injury.
In addition to buying high-quality shoes there are other things you can do to help prevent or reduce some of the problems caused by standing on your feet all day. You can take a few seconds here and there throughout the day to stretch your calve and leg muscles, soaking your feet in ice water can help reduce swelling and pain, and rolling a tennis ball under the balls of your feet can work muscles and relieve pain.
However, keep in mind that the sooner you purchase the best shoes for standing all day the sooner you may ease your pain and improve your foot, leg, and back health.
Loveatfirstfit.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site.