The word enthusiast is thrown around a lot nowadays, if you’re a fan of something then you’re a “*insert interest here* enthusiast”. So technically a fan of fitness would be considered a fitness enthusiast in today’s terms.
But more than technically speaking, there is a lot that goes into being a true enthusiast of something. So today we’ll be talking about what it truly means to be a fitness enthusiast and how you can become one if you want to and aren’t already.
Are There Different Types Of Fitness Enthusiasts?
The best answer to this question is that fitness enthusiasts, like all other groups of people, don’t have to fit into a certain mold. So yes, there are many different types of fitness enthusiasts.
So for instance, some fitness enthusiasts want to work out every day, while some may only workout on the weekends. One enthusiast might spend three hours working out, and another may spend half an hour each day.
Or different fitness enthusiasts, while still being under the same umbrella of fitness, might appreciate different versions and genres. You have fitness enthusiasts that prefer weight-lifting, ones that enjoy yoga more, and others that love dancing above all else.
How Do I Know If I’m A Fitness Enthusiast?
Again, in this situation, it’s impossible to come up with a strict set of signs that would mean that you’re a fitness enthusiast. The only question you need to ask yourself is whether you love fitness or not, if the answer is yes then you’re a fitness enthusiast.
But there are some pretty universal signs that you could keep in mind if you’d like to have some things to look out for. Just know that even if you don’t display these traits that if you’re passionate about fitness then nobody can tell you that you’re not an enthusiast.
- You could take note of how much you talk about fitness. If you discuss it a lot then you’re enthusiastic about it.
- If you spend a lot of time working out then you probably have at least some amount of passion for it, and especially if you enjoy it then you’re probably an enthusiast.
- If someone comes to you for advice about fitness then this is a pretty dead giveaway that you’re a fitness enthusiast because that person knows that you’re knowledgeable on the subject.
- If you spend time learning about fitness, then it means that yet again you are interested enough in it to spend your time on it, you’re probably an enthusiast.
What Is The Opposite Of A Fitness Enthusiast?
If a fitness enthusiast is someone who is passionate about fitness then the opposite would be a person that hates fitness, or at the very least is indifferent to it and doesn’t really care about it one way or the other.
There is nothing wrong with being the opposite of a fitness enthusiast, it just means that fitness is not one of your interests. Some people who dislike fitness may even workout, but they won’t enjoy it. They do it because they feel they need to, but they’ll feel no desire to work out.
It is possible to go from being uninterested in fitness to being a huge fitness fan though. In fact, many people make this transition whether it be through genuine interest growing on its own or a person intentionally wanting to get into the fitness world.
How Do I Become A Fitness Enthusiast?
There are many ways that you can go about becoming a fitness enthusiast if you want to. Every person’s journey is different, but the one thing that everyone needs to do to get into fitness is to simply… start.
- The most effective way to get into fitness is to just start, you may not feel like working out at first but after a while of doing it you’ll learn to appreciate how it makes you feel. You’ll grow to love it because of its benefits.
- One of the ways you can learn to like working out faster is to find the type of work out that you like the most. You’ll need to try out different styles and genres to find the one that you could be passionate about. Try yoga, weightlifting, running, etc until you find the right one for you.
- Try your best to stick to a schedule with your workouts. Especially in the beginning of your fitness journey it could be easy to give up, or to skip a workout that will snowball into skipping to and so on. It’ll really help if you have a schedule in place.
- Remember your motivation. This step is really important to help you stick to your new workout plan. You have to remember why you started this journey in the first place and then you’ll retain your motivation all the way through.
- Find someone to keep you accountable. This could mean that you hire a personal trainer, have a family member remind you to workout every day, or even get a friend to workout with you. Just find someone to keep you motivated.
How Can I Get A Friend To Become A Fitness Enthusiast?
No two friendships are the same, and so how you get your friend to be interested in fitness might not be the same as how someone else gets their friend into fitness. But the best way for anyone to go about it, is to just talk about it with your friends.
Most friends are interested in things that their friends are interested in, even if they don’t participate in that activity themselves. So if you talk about fitness to your friends and show your passion for it, then they’ll start to grow an interest.
And after they know how strongly you feel about it, ask them if they’d be willing to try a workout with you. Introduce them to it, bit by bit, and eventually you may have a fellow fitness enthusiast on your hands. There’s nothing better than a workout buddy!
Austin is the author of loveatfirstfit.com and a personal trainer with extensive knowledge in nutrition. Austin is passionate about helping others to find a suitable healthy lifestyle and feel good about themselves. Austin’s goal is to help people push their limits and achieve their physical performance.